Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11, SharePoint, DataSheet View


I upgraded to Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and I love it, even with some of the minor flaws already mentioned in other blog entries, but I started getting the dreaded issue with not being able to view a SharePoint 2010 list in DataSheet view. Even worse is that I know how to fix it, or at least I thought I did…

The issue didn’t start right after upgrading to Win 8.1, but a few days after. Now, after repairing my previous fix, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/use-datasheet-view-in-64-bit-office-2010-HA101882420.aspx, I still had the issue. However, I accidentally added the SharePoint development site to the compatibility view list, and things started working again. It turns out that there is a check box in the Compatibility View Settings dialog box, Display intranet sites in Compability View, that I must have cleared prior to the error happening. Hmm, only wasted a good day on this…

Advertisements

One thought on “Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11, SharePoint, DataSheet View

  1. Thanks for posting this! That worked for me as well and saved me at least a few hours of forehead-to-desk time.

Comments are closed.