Tag: SharePoint

Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11, SharePoint, DataSheet View

I upgraded to Windows 8.1 (64-bit)¬†and I love it, even with some of the minor flaws already mentioned in other blog entries, but I started getting the dreaded issue with not being able to view a SharePoint 2010 list in DataSheet view. Even worse is that I know how to fix it, or at least I thought I did…

The issue didn’t start right after upgrading to Win 8.1, but a few days after. Now, after repairing my previous fix, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/use-datasheet-view-in-64-bit-office-2010-HA101882420.aspx, I still had the issue. However, I accidentally added the SharePoint development site to the compatibility view list, and things started working again. It turns out that there is a check box in the Compatibility View Settings¬†dialog box, Display intranet sites in Compability View, that I must have cleared prior to the error happening. Hmm, only wasted a good day on this…

Advertisements

Error occurred in deployment step ‘Activate Features’: Failed to activate feature ‘SiteDefinition1_Feature1’ (ID: b2637aff-6c72-4ec9-9a44-3f10d8e46714) at scope ‘http://…’.

I started getting this error when deploying my custom SharePoint Server 2010 site definition, which was little weird, because it was working and then it suddenly stopped. After trying a few different things, I closed down Visual Studio 2010, and left it at that, while attending to some other business. When I came back and reopened the solution, everything worked fine again, and after a “little” investigation, it turned out to be because I had deleted and recreated the site collection, which was used for debugging.